Thursday, November 25, 2010

More gifts for Christmas from Local Designers! Make life easy - shop Etsy!

I am starting to see some real benefits from buying local!  I just purchased this wonderful Flower Power Pouch from iheartcharlie for a friend (hoping she isn't reading this blog!) and I can't wait until it turns up!
iheartcharlie
I feel sooo good for buying local designer in many ways - I feel like I have supported local arts, I KNOW that this is a unique product with that designer look.... and it was very affordable !  So,  I am going to do a regular post on bargains that are beauties and while I don't have that many followers yet (if you're not a follower please sign up!) but every little bit I can do I will and really - when you see these products you know that you're getting the deal. These will be Western Australia Designers only....

Here are some wonderful products for Christmas made by designers in Western Australia .....

Leaf Cushion in Ruby on Hesian  by OldGreyHouse for $50


Black Dupioni Silk day or evening Bagby EllaAndLiliy for $50 -don;t know about you but I've got NO chance of finding something like this, hand crafted, in Perth designer stores for $50



Leaf Printed Obi Belt OOAK by flokatii $38



Gigi Convertible Wrap top by NextPlease $50 -again no chance of finding something like this is WA for $50 converts into several different dresses/skirts!




I ADORE these! Black Pearl Art Print $14,50 !! its in a limited edition too! by Paper2Rock2Scissors




Felt Bird in a Pod by happyaslarry for $35 - seriously cute! perfect for a young ones room (though anyone would enjoy it!)


Why would you bother with chain stores this year? Buy local, buy smart and buy meaningful hand made gifts for those you love this year. The benefits are extensive including saving time, money and stress and you get to give unique gifts this year.

3 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous things we're creating here in WA! I want one of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing the love cynthia!
    It's great to see WA talent is so ripe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ripe for the picking! and all of them say "pick me!!" I wish I was richer because I would fill my house with etsy WA designer stuff :D

    ReplyDelete